Live & Learn Thursday- Kitchen Edition!

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

This week I am going to share a recipe that I originally thought was a chicken and "sauce" that I could serve on rice as is after cooking. Well, I LEARNED differently... this ended up soaking up all the sauce and liquid while cooking in the crock pot. Don't get me wrong, this made it incredibly tender and tasty. After living & learning through trying this one I have tweaked the recipe a bit and this is now my recipe for Shredded Chicken Sandwiches!
The Crafty Practitioner
Shredded Chicken Sandwiches
Ingredients:


3 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 cup Dijon Mustard
1/2 cup Maple Syrup
2 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
Salt & Pepper

Steps:

  1. Rinse chicken breasts any place in ziplock freezer bag.
  2. Mix all ingredients & seasonings in a bowl and the pour into bag over chicken.
  3. Seal, label, freeze flat.
Cooking Instructions:
Thaw in refrigerator overnight or in cool water for 30 minutes.
Place in crock pot and cook on LOW for 8 hours OR on HIGH for 4 hours.
After removing shred chicken with 2 forks and stir in remaining fluid from crock pot.

These are great served on any kind of bun or bread. Also with BBQ or any sauce of your choice!




  1. I need a crockpot! We have no room in this damned condo to store one! I would totally try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. This sounds so good! I need to try this out and soon! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when recipes don't turn out the way I thought, but awesome that you were able to repurpose it... this sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds delicious! Love those little happy accidents.

    ReplyDelete