Foster's Lorax Party: Additional Decor & The Backyard

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Throughout the house I had Seuss themed arrows that pointed people to certain things around the party, such as the food or the bounce house.


In the kitchen/dining area there was also a few other things that I made...
 Wooden plaques that I painted and made. The water bottle wraps that I designed and printed as well.



In the main family room we have a couple couches and coffee tables that people could hang out and eat at. There were also lots of chairs set up. We planned to open gifts in that room as well. There were some decorations in there and I wanted to make sure and share those as well.

 This is the birthday banner that I made for Foster to open his birthday presents in front of and that way it would be in the pictures!
I also made photobooth prop style lorax mustaches on sticks for party guests to take pictures with and a sign to accompany them. They turned out so cute and were a hit!

I replaced the decor on my floating shelves to match the party.  I put a couple of the tulle truffula trees that I made, a copy of the framed subway art, and a plaque and print that I actually designed and made.



Outside we had a couple umbrella covered picnic tables set up for people to eat or hang out at. We also had the bounce house, which was a HUGE hit with the kids and some adults too!



The large laminated pictures that you see on the back of the house were compliments of my cousin who is a teacher and had made them for the Seuss unit in her classroom. She graciously brought them down for us to use for the party! She was also my helper and assisted me in lots of the crafting. I could not have done it without her!

The favor at Foster's party was very movie appropriate. I made a planting station outside on my patio. I painted flower pots and had each child plant a sunflower seed in soil in their pot to take home. The whole point of the movie is real trees (plants) and planting the seed in the movie so I thought that this would be cute. I also made a card with a cute little poem and note from Foster on it. It was a hit. AND my flower is outside growing still!







  1. WOW!!! You did an amazing job on his party! Very impressive. I love every little thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you be willing to share your subway art, and arrows? What an awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete