World's Best Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

Wednesday, August 21, 2013


The name of this recipe is no joke... these really are the best enchiladas in the WHOLE WORLD. I look forward to eating these as soon as I think about making them. They are a family recipe. My husband's Aunt Debbie's recipe to be exact. Her daughter, and one of my very best friends, Megan was here and made then recently as well and reminded me just how much I love them.

They aren't low calorie but they are definitely low risk for disappointment :P

The World's Best Creamy Chicken Enchiladas



Ingredients:

  • 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
  • 1/2 Onion
  • 1/2 to 1 Can Diced Green Chilis (the ones in the mexican food aisle at the grocery store. Use more if you like more spice)
  • 8oz. Cream Cheese
  • 1 Quart Heavy Whipping Cream or Half & Half (I use Heavy Whipping Cream)
  • Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
  • 1 Package Flour Tortillas (Not the small taco ones and not the huge burrito ones, the middle size that says for soft tacos is what you need!)
Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Boil chicken breasts until cooked, 20-30 minutes. (Note: I cut them each in half to help them cook through thoroughly) 


  3. While chicken is cooking you can dice your onion.
  4. Shred chicken.

  5. In a large skillet combine shredded chicken, diced onions, diced green chilis, and cream cheese. Stir until well mixed and cream cheese is smooth. At the end of mixing add some shredded cheese (I add two small handfuls).



  6. Spray a 9x13 glass baking dish with PAM spray.
  7. Scoop chicken mixture into tortillas and roll. After you fill and roll each one place it in the baking dish.

  8. Pour the entire quart of Heavy cream over the enchiladas and then place more shredded cheese on top.


  9. Bake in center of over uncovered for 30 minutes or until it is bubbling.

  10. Enjoy!!!






  1. I love chicken enchiladas! Thanks for sharing! Stopping by from TGBTL link-up! Nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, this is dangerous! My husband loves the "cream of chicken" enchiladas, but I think these might out-do them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm I love a good chicken enchilada recipe. I haven't found one that I just can't get enough of yet, so I will try this one for sure!!:) Thanks for linking up with us this week!! P.S. Your blog design is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE cooking "mexican!" This recipe looks absolutely amazing! Thanks for joining us at the link up!

    ReplyDelete