Weekly Wrap-up

Monday, August 26, 2013

Since coming home from Austin things have been hectic (when aren's they anymore?). I am trying to catch up on Etsy orders and keep rolling out new things. I am applying for NP jobs when I can find any to apply for which is like NEVER. Women's Health is one of those fields that is tough to break into, the practices tend to hire within or hire their students so I am waiting for my "lucky break". I am thinking that I may need to work primary care as an NP part time while I do lots of Etsy until I find a practice to partner in.

My husband's birthday was on tuesday, the 20th, but he had hockey that night. Justin plays ice hockey, did in high school and college, and he is a goalie. He loves it so he still plays! Foster came home sick from school on tuesday as well. He had a high fever and was lethargic and just wanted his Dad. It was tough for dad leave but once I got him calmed down he slept in my arms for the rest of the night (needless to say this meant that I got no work done).

When Justin got home I gave him his birthday treats that I picked up at the bakery for him!
Chocolate Lava Cake & Carrot Cake Cupcake

Wednesday Foster stayed home from school with me and basically raised hell. Hey, what are boys for, right?
Breakfast time!

Loves his fruit bars!
I also took him to the pediatrician to see if he had an ear infection or something causing the 103 degree fever.
Waiting in the "sick room" at the pediatrician.
They didn't find anything but swabbed him for strep and said it was probably a virus. So, we went home and cuddled and watched movies together.

(he always has a car, truck, or toy story character with him at all times)

By the end of the day I was ready to hide in my car to get some peace and quiet but I knew that by the bedtime he would be my sweet angel again. And wouldn't you know it, this is what I saw before bed <3

Thursday Foster went to school but we were called to pick him up by nap time, which happens right after lunch around noon. I couldn't go get him because I was a prisoner at home waiting or DirectTV to come install our new service so Justin left work and brought him home. Poor little guy didn't really seem sick per say but definitely wanted his parents, the couch, a movie and some snacks.

Friday night Justin and I went out on a dinner date to our favorite spot to celebrate.... MELTING POT! I dressed up, which was fun and is rare, in a short black dress with a studded belt and really high heels. We should have gotten a full length shot but forgot to =( Here are some pictures though:

Saturday we took Foster to the pool with some friends and had a great time! I got a chance wear my new loop headband from Le Chic Pipsqueak, which I love!

Then that night we went to dinner with my parents to celebrate Justin's birthday. Foster stayed home with Papa, Justin's dad. We went to J. Alexanders which I love because they have the BEST salad in the city! It was a gorgeous night and we had a great time. Again, I got to dress up. Yay!

So, how was your week?

  1. Poor little guy, it's the worst when they are sick. :( I hope he's doing better now. My husband and I love the melting pot too! Can't get enough of their chocolate fondue.