Goals for August!

Monday, August 5, 2013

One of this things that I want to do is start setting goals for each month and getting them in writing so that I can actually see how well ( or how poorly ) I am doing at completing them. So since it is only the 5th of the month I am going to go ahead and start with August! Here goes nothing....


1. Start a Personal Blog (Again)- I used to blog all the time and it slowed WAY down when Foster was born and then stopped completely when he was 6 months old. This is something that I want to start doing again.

2. Start Weekly Meal Planning- I think that this will help us to eat out less, which will save money. I also think that this will help me to only buy things that we need at the grocery store and to be able to go only once a week, which would be awesome because I cannot stand running to the grocery for only one or two things because I end up spending $50 anyways! I also think this will be fun because it will allow me to blog and post new recipes that I can share will all of you (my readers and friends!).

3. Read 1 book- This will be the last Hunger Games book. I made a goal at the beginning of this year to read 12 books this year for enjoyment. I have never been a reader for enjoyment. Last year I learned that I really can like reading and that I just need to make time for it and find the right books. I did really well at the beginning of the year but I didn't read a book in June or July... things just got so busy with it being summer and Foster's 2nd birthday party planning. So time to catch up. Maybe I can even get to a second but I don't wanna set my goal too high =)

4. Organize and De-clutter my Downstairs (main-level) of my House- I really wanna get my house de-cluttered. I hate clutter but I am a pack-rat. I think I am a clean freak but hoarder tendencies. I think that everything has sentimental value and I am teaching myself to let go of things. So this month I would really like to de-clutter the family room and the laundry room.

5. Take the boxes of clothes that are packed for donation in my bedroom to the donation center- I have had these huge boxes packed and in the middle of my room for like almost a month and a half and I need to get my husband to carry them downstairs and to the car so we can drop them off at the donation center. I forced him to go through his clothes when I went through mine a while back and now we just need to get them out!

6. Drink Wine More Often- Because why not?1 Haha. CHEERS!

Post a Comment