Slowcooker Mac & Cheese

Monday, August 26, 2013

I have tried TONS of crock pot recipes for macaroni and cheese and they are usually totally disappointing. I was on the search for a good one to use for Foster's 2nd birthday party. With this recipe I finally found the perfect one!

Slowcooker Mac & Cheese


Ingredients:
  • 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
  • 4 tbsp butter
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 10.75 oz. (1 can) condensed cheddar cheese soup
  • 2 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup milk (I use 2%)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp dry mustard
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
Instructions:
  1. Insert crock pot liner into crock pot (best invention ever!)
  2. Spray crock pot liner with non-stick cooking spray.
  3. Boil macaroni in water for 6 minutes and then drain. (Don't overcook pasta)
  4. Mix butter and cheese over medium-high heat in a sauce pan. Stir until completely melted.

  5. In crock pot combine sour cream, soup, milk, mustard, salt & pepper.
  6. Add cheese mixture into crock pot and stir.

  7. Add drained macaroni and stir.
  8. Cook on low for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. (Don't let it cook too long or the noodles will turn to mush).



  1. Oh my....I'm a SUCKER for Mac and Cheese...I bet that cheese soup give your mac SUCH a nice flavor! It's past midnight and now I want to eat this. Curse you. And thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete